Are you looking for recipe inspiration German Plum Cake – Zwetschgendatschi ? How to make it is difficult and easy. If it is wrongly processed, the results will not be satisfactory and it tends to be unpleasant. Whereas German Plum Cake – Zwetschgendatschi What is delicious should have an aroma and taste that can provoke our taste buds.
Many things more or less affect the quality of the taste of German Plum Cake – Zwetschgendatschi, starting from the type of material, then the selection of fresh ingredients, to how to make and serve it. Don’t worry if you want to prepare German Plum Cake – Zwetschgendatschi delicious at home, because as long as you know the trick, this dish can be a special treat.
As for the number of servings that can be served to make German Plum Cake – Zwetschgendatschi adalah 6 servings. So make sure this portion is enough to serve for yourself and your beloved family.
Ojust for addition only, the time it takes to cook German Plum Cake – Zwetschgendatschi estimated approx 60 min.
So, this time, let’s try it, let’s create it German Plum Cake – Zwetschgendatschi home alone. Stick with simple ingredients, this dish can provide benefits in helping to maintain the health of our bodies. you can make German Plum Cake – Zwetschgendatschi use 11 type of material and 5 manufacturing step. Here’s how to make the dish.
This is a very popular cake in Germany for the time of August and September. Usually you find it with a yeast dough but this one is made with a shortcrust pastry (Mürbeteigboden). The dough is enough for a very thin crust on a baking tray (very, very thin) or a springform pan (diameter 26 cm/ca. 10.2 in)nThe shortcrust recipe originates from “Altbayerisches Kochbuch” (Old Bavarian cooking book). The prune topping follows the instructions of a dear friend of my family.
Ingredients and spices that need to be prepared to make German Plum Cake – Zwetschgendatschi:
- 250 g flour
- 140 g butte, cold
- 50 g sugar
- 1 pinch baking powder
- 1 dash salt
- 1 egg (size m)
- 1 tbsp rum
- 1 sachet vanilla sugar
- 1 kg (2 lb) prunes (Zwetschgen)
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
Steps to make German Plum Cake – Zwetschgendatschi
- Preheat the oven to 200 °C (390° F). Line a baking tray or a springform tin with baking parchment. Mix dry ingredients (except tbsp sugar and tsp cinnamon at the end of the ingredients).
- Add the cold butter and start kneading with your fingers. Add the egg and the rum and knead until you have a dough.
- Spread the dough on the tray or tin and pinch several times with a fork so it does not rise while baking. Put the tin in the fridge until the prunes are prepared.
- Wash the prunes. Cut in the middle, open and remove pit without cutting the prune into half. Cut in fan-shape (kind of accordion) as seen in the photo. Lay tightly on the pie crust.
- Bake for 30 min until crust turns light brown. In the mean time mix 3 tbsp sugar with 1/2 tsp cinnamon. As soon as the cake is removed from the oven scatter cinnamon sugar mix on the cake and cover with aluminium foil (for 20 min). A lovely juice will emerge that makes the cake moist. Enjoy with whipped cream!
How ? It’s easy? That’s how to make German Plum Cake – Zwetschgendatschi which you can practice at home. Hopefully useful and good luck!