Are you looking for recipe inspiration Sweet & Sour Chicken ? How to make it is difficult and easy. If it is wrongly processed, the results will not be satisfactory and it tends to be unpleasant. Whereas Sweet & Sour Chicken What is delicious should have an aroma and taste that can provoke our taste buds.
Many things more or less affect the quality of the taste of Sweet & Sour Chicken, starting from the type of material, then the selection of fresh ingredients, to how to make and serve it. Don’t worry if you want to prepare Sweet & Sour Chicken delicious at home, because as long as you know the trick, this dish can be a special treat.
As for the number of servings that can be served to make Sweet & Sour Chicken adalah 1 person. So make sure this portion is enough to serve for yourself and your beloved family.
Ojust for addition only, the time it takes to cook Sweet & Sour Chicken estimated approx 50min.
So, this time, let’s try it, let’s create it Sweet & Sour Chicken home alone. Stick with simple ingredients, this dish can provide benefits in helping to maintain the health of our bodies. you can make Sweet & Sour Chicken use 16 type of material and 9 manufacturing step. Here’s how to make the dish.
Quick and easy meal if you got red and yellow bell peppers, onion, canned pineapple, and some seasonings, chicken breast and rice. Most of it is baked on a sheet pan.
Ingredients and spices that need to be prepared to make Sweet & Sour Chicken:
- 1 large shallot
- 1/4 yellow bell pepper
- 1/4 red bell pepper
- 4 oz canned pineapple chunks (cut into quarters), reserve 1/4cup juice for sauce
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1/4-1/2 lb.)
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 clove garlic, small diced
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground cinnamon
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 1.5 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 3 chives, chopped
- 1/2 cup cooked rice
Steps to make Sweet & Sour Chicken
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF. Cut the onion, bell peppers, and chicken breasts into one-inch pieces. Drain the pineapple well, keeping the juice for the sauce. Place the onion, bell pepper, chicken, and pineapple chunks on a large sheet pan in a single layer to prevent the chicken and vegetables from piling on top of each other. They need a little room to brown correctly
- Drizzle the cooking oil over the ingredients on the sheet pan, followed by the garlic powder, ground cinnamon, and a pinch or two of salt and pepper. Toss the chicken, bell peppers, onions, and pineapple until they are evenly coated in oil and spices.
- Bake the chicken and vegetables in the oven for about 40 minutes, or until they are slightly browned on the edges. Stir halfway through the baking time to redistribute the heat and allow excess moisture to evaporate.
- While the chicken and vegetables are baking, prepare the sauce. In a small saucepot whisk together the reserved pineapple juice, ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar, soy sauce, and cornstarch until the cornstarch is fully dissolved. Heat the mixture over medium flame, stirring often, until it begins to simmer. When it begins to simmer the cornstarch will begin to gel and thicken the sauce. Once the sauce has thickened to a glaze, remove it from the heat and set it aside until ready to use.
- When the chicken and vegetables have finished baking, remove them from the oven and pour the prepared sauce over top. Stir until everything is coated in sauce.
- Serve the sweet and sour chicken over cooked rice with chopped chives sprinkled over top.
How ? It’s easy? That’s how to make Sweet & Sour Chicken which you can practice at home. Hopefully useful and good luck!